Food nutrition component measurement service
Mandatory nutrition labeling under the Food Labeling Law
The new law "Food Labeling Law" that stipulates food labeling came into effect on April 1, 2015.
Under this law, as a general rule, all processed foods for general use and additives for general use (excluding processed foods for commercial use) pre-packaged for consumers.
In addition, nutrition labeling (calorie, protein, fat, carbohydrate, salt equivalent) has become mandatory.
[Nutrition facts label per 100g]
Calorie ○○○ kcal
Protein ○○ g
Lipid ○ g
Carbohydrate ○○ g
Equivalent amount of salt ○. ○ g
* The amount of sodium is indicated by the amount equivalent to salt.
(1) Unit is 100g, 100ml, 1 serving, 1 package, or 1 unit. * When displaying 1 serving, the amount of 1 serving must also be stated. (2) Change the order of this nutritional component and calorific value. ③ If the nutritional component and calorific value are 0, the characters can be displayed together. Example) "Protein, fat 0g"
The only analysis of food nutritional components as the "official method" by the Food Labeling Law is "physical and chemical analysis", but in the same method, it is "statement of values obtained by rational estimation", and other measurement methods and " It is also possible to display the numerical values posted based on the "Seventh Edition Food Composition Table".
(However, it is necessary to put "estimated value" or "this display is a guide" near the displayed value.)
* "Values obtained by rational estimation" are the values posted from the amount of nutritional components of raw materials and the values obtained by analyzing sample products.
[How to set the numerical value of the display]
· Analytical value: Value analyzed by the analysis method established by the Consumer Affairs Agency
· Calculated value: The value obtained by obtaining the nutritional component value of raw materials from public databases such as the Standard Tables of Food Composition in Japan and calculating the nutritional component.
· Reference value: A value that infers the nutritional component value from similar foods based on public databases, etc.
· Combined value: Value that combines analytical value, calculated value, and reference value * Content display does not necessarily require analysis, and if the displayed content is within the tolerance range It does not violate food labeling standards. In addition, the tolerance range of calorie, protein, fat, carbohydrate, and sodium is up to ± 20%.
Measurement service by "near infrared spectroscopic analysis" that can accurately measure the nutritional components of food in a short time without recipe required
What is Near Infrared Spectroscopy?
It has been used for food analysis since ancient times.
In recent years, the range of use has expanded in the medical field as well.
In the research and experiments so far
For near-infrared spectroscopy and physicochemical analysis
It is said that the correlation within ± 20% of the error has been confirmed.
Measuring device "Calorie Answer"
A measuring device that uses near-infrared spectroscopy.
It is easy to operate and measure, and it takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
It is possible to perform repeated measurements regardless of calorie fluctuation factors such as the cooking method and production area of the sample to be measured, and it is also possible to measure food residues.
Some foods cannot be measured.
Measurement fee by calorie answer
1 item (sample) 7,000 yen (excluding consumption tax and sample shipping fee)
Nutrition facts label 5 items: calorie, protein, fat, carbohydrate, salt equivalent
1. Please fill in the application form and apply by fax
2. Sending sample (measured food) Please send directly to the sample destination to be notified.
3. Analysis / Measurement Measurement will be performed 3 to 7 business days after the sample arrives.
4. Result report We will send you by fax or email.
Application for measurement
Please fill in the required items on the special application form and apply by fax.
Precautions when requesting a nutritional component / calorie measurement service for food
1. Precautions for measurement by calorie answer
(1) Our food nutrition component / calorie measurement service uses Calorie Answer manufactured by Joy World Pacific Co., Ltd. to measure calories and other substances (proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates as reference values) by near-infrared spectroscopy. ..
(2) The salt equivalent is measured by the ion method. However, the ionic method may measure components other than sodium as sodium.
(3) More accurate measurement will be possible by telling us the main raw materials of food, so please cooperate by filling out the special application form when applying.
(4) As foods that are difficult to measure, non-permeable liquids (squid ink, etc.), concentrated liquids, and foods containing a large amount of indigestible sugars (agar, sucralose, xylitol, etc.) cannot be measured.
(5) In addition, due to the characteristics of near-infrared spectroscopy, some foods cannot be inspected and some foods cannot be measured depending on the type and condition, so please check at the time of application.
(6) Unless otherwise specified, foods that produce juice, such as frozen foods and canned foods, will be measured without drip.
(7) When the error is expected to exceed ± 20% due to factors such as the characteristics of the measuring instrument or the uniformity of the sample as a result of the measurement, or when the result is clearly abnormal compared to the literature value. Will not be measurable.
(8) If measurement becomes impossible, we will not charge this measurement fee, but please bear the shipping fee when sending the sample.
(9) Regarding the labeling of nutritional components on products, etc. by the measurement, please respond at the discretion of the requester.
2. About the sample
(1) The sample you sent will be discarded after the measurement is completed. However, if we cannot dispose of it due to dangerous materials or an extremely large amount, we may ask you to pick it up.
3. Posting and use of measurement result reports, etc.
(1) Measurement reports, etc. and measurement data belong to the requester. However, please contact us in advance if you want to post it with our company name on the product package, catalog, homepage, etc.
In addition, we do not take any responsibility for any dispute or financial burden caused by the publication created by the client.
4. Exemption from financial burden related to measurement results
(1) Our company shall be exempted from liability for any problems such as controversy or financial burden caused by measurement results and measurement result reports.
(1) If you have any other questions, please contact us.